Christmas Eve, Italian Style...
T'was the day before Christmas,
and all through our place,
Italian's were screaming,
"More food, please make haste!"
Our stockings had runs
and we looked for more chairs
'Would we have enough wine?'
Was echoed in pray'rs...
* * *
So, on this day of seasonal spirit and new beginnings, I'll make a somewhat early pledge for the coming year... a Christmas gift to my own well-being, perhaps...
- Finish losing the weight. Try to make it through the holidays without ballooning up again.
- Put in extra effort at work. Be tolerant of the stupid people who work with you. There are stupid people in every place of business, so leaving doesn't make much sense. Make the best of what you've got where you've got it, as you actually like the job.
- Impress the smart people you work with it. In the end, those are the ones that matter.
- Cut down the gossip.
- Speak your mind. Don't let people walk all over you. If you've got someone on your back, it means you're back is bent.
- Go to Europe. Possibly Spain. Spain seems nice.
- Write more letters. Geography is a bitch enough without you helping it along.
- Finish organizing the reunion. Everybody's counting on it.
I'm sure there are more. But right now, I just want to go to my Aunt's, where I will eat a tradition nine courses of fish and seafood, and enjoy the bechristmas out of it...
Merry Christmas to all, and to all a good night!
0 comments so far